Breakdown Recovery in Harlow | Fast Response Times
Meeting the annual cost of motoring is a big enough challenge for many Harlow, Essex and Hertfordshire drivers, and the addition of breakdown recovery to an insurance policy or membership to one of the many associations operating in the UK can be a step too far for some. Unfortunately, breakdowns tend to happen at the most inconvenient and unexpected times, so it’s good to know that there’s a responsive local and regional solution available.
At RJS Motors, we know that we live in times where our personal safety could be affected at any moment. Being stranded at the roadside puts you in immediate danger because of passing vehicles and, for women in particular, a breakdown at night presents a number of more frightening concerns which still have to be carefully considered.
We have our own breakdown recovery truck to help motorists who have broken down in Harlow or the surrounding areas. RJS can be with you at the roadside within a very short period of time to help get you and your family safe, and to recover your vehicle for delivery to our own workshop, another garage of your choice or to your own driveway. This service is provided on a 24-hour basis, 7 days a week, for the convenience of our customers.
Keeping Safe in the Event of a Breakdown
Prior to our breakdown recovery truck arriving, we strongly recommend that you take every precaution possible to keep you and your passengers safe. At the very least, we ask that motorists in and around Harlow familiarise themselves with the steps below.
One day, they could literally save your life.
- Pull over to the left as soon as you think there might be a problem. Get onto the hard shoulder if you can.
- Call us on your mobile device or, if this isn’t possible, use an emergency phone located at one-mile intervals on the motorway to contact the police.
- Never attempt to fix the vehicle at the roadside. You could be hit by oncoming traffic or cause further damage to your car.
- Turn the wheels towards the verge so, if your stationary car is hit by a moving vehicle, it moves away from the road.
- Get everybody out of the vehicle and stand behind the crash barrier until help arrives. Pay particular attention to children and pets while waiting.
- Leave headlights on at night and hazard lights blinking at all times.
- On the motorway, it is best not to display a red warning triangle. This presents a risk to other road users, especially in fast-moving traffic.
- Pull over towards a safe spot if you can, away from the flow of traffic.
- Turn on the hazard lights and also the sidelights if visibility is poor.
- If you carry a red warning triangle, place it approximately 50m ahead of your broken-down vehicle to notify other drivers of your presence.
- Use your mobile device or the nearest public telephone to call us for assistance.
- Wait in the car if you are safely parked with the doors locked. Move away from the vehicle to a safe standing place if your vehicle is still on the roadside.
Call RJS Motors of Harlow on (01279) 444423 if you have any questions on breakdown recovery or any of our supporting garage services.
Tel: 01279 444423
Fax: 01279 451735
Mon - Fri: 08:00am - 06:00pm
Sat: 08:00am - 01:00pm